Income Tax Administrator
Monday - 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Thursday - 9:00am - 1:00pm
PHONE - (937) 780-6380
FAX - (937) 780-6012
Forms require Adobe® Reader™.
P.O. Box 35 Leesburg, Ohio 45135
This page was last updated: December 29, 2016
Thank you for visiting our site!
Welcome to Highland County!
Please visit www.adobe.com to download the latest version of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™.
Contact Webmaster - email@example.com
THE 2017 INTEREST RATE IS 6% PER ANNUM.
The interest rate to be applied to all unpaid income and withholding tax balances beginning January 21, 2017 is 6% per annum. This rate is in accordance with ORC 7718.27(F). This rate is in effect from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. This rate does not apply to tax balances for any prior tax year taxes. For more information, please contact the Leesburg Income Tax Bureau at 937-780-6380.
"Taxpayers' rights and responsibilities" means the rights provided to taxpayers in sections 718.11, 718.12, 718.19, 718.23,718.36, 718.37, 718.38, 5717.011, and 5717.03 of the Revised Code and the responsibilities of the taxpayers to file, report, withhold, remit, and pay municipal income tax and otherwise comply with Chapter 718. of the Revised Code and resolutions, ordinances, and rules adopted by a municipal corporation for the imposition and administration of a municipal income tax.
- The municipal corporation shall maintain a local board of tax review to hear appeals of the tax payer.
- Civil actions to recover municipal incomes taxes, penalties and interest have time limits.
- Taxpayer has a prescribed manner to request refunds from the tax administrator.
- Taxpayer has a required responsibility to allow examination of their books, papers, records, and federal and state income tax returns by the tax administrator.
- At or before the commencement of an audit, the tax administrator shall inform and provide the taxpayer with certain information regarding the audit.
- A taxpayer has certain recourse if aggrieved by an action or omission of the tax administrator, their employee or an employee of the municipal corporation.
- The taxpayer may request an 'opinion of the tax administrator' with respect to prospective municipal income tax liability.
- The taxpayer or the tax administrator may appeal a final determination.