This page was last updated: May 20, 2016
Thank you for visiting our site!
Welcome to Highland County!
Please visit www.adobe.com to download the latest version of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™.
Contact Webmaster - email@example.com
Village of Leesburg
57 S. Fairfield St.
Leesburg, Ohio 45135
P.O. Box 305 Leesburg, Ohio 45135
Situated in the rolling hills of south-central Ohio, Leesburg is located just north of the Highland County seat of Hillsboro. Leesburg's quaint village boasts several shopping opportunities, as well as all the necessities. Surrounded by rich farm land, residents of the Leesburg area benefit from agriculture and livestock production.
The Band Stand in the center of Leesburg 1910
~~ TAKE NOTE ~~
The National Weather Services performs a test on the Leesburg tornado siren the first Wednesday of every month.
ATTENTION LEESBURG AREA RESIDENTS:
Leesburg Police Chief Shane Nolley has received reports of a recent scam circulating the Leesburg area. The telephone consists of phone calls to individuals demanding payment owed to the IRS. The calls are threatening in nature. If you receive this call, HANG UP. If you receive a message on your answering machine or voice mail regarding money owed to the IRS, do not respond or reply. The IRS does not make contact by phone solicitation.
The IRS will not:
- call you to demand immediate payment. The IRS will not call you if you owe taxes without first sending you a bill in the mail.
- Demand that you pay taxes and not allow you to question or appeal the amount you owe.
- Require that you pay your taxes a certain way - as with a credit card.
- Ask for your credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in police or other agencies to arrest you for not paying.
If you do not owe taxes, or have no reason to think that you do, DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION. HANG UP IMMEDIATELY.